Fibertech is looking for a skilled HR/Safety Manager to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes. You will support business needs and ensure the proper implementation of company strategy and objectives.
The goal is to promote corporate values and enable business success through human resources management, including job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, talent management, and facilities management services.
Position Description: Human Resources/Safety Manager
Salary Range: Annually based on skills and experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, 401K and vacation
Employment Type: Full Time (40+ per week)
Department: Human Resources/Safety
Reports To: Directly to Company President
Human Resources/Safety Manager Purpose:
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the HR/Safety for Fibertech. Successful incumbent will manage HR programs, Recruitment, and policies & procedures for entire company. Responsibilities include: strong positive employee relations, effective communications, training & development, safety, benefits administration, recruitment & hiring. This person will directly report to CEO and indirectly to Plant Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provides support to all HR functions such as onboarding, benefits, compensation, and training. Uses policies and principles to coordinate HR related projects
- Represent employee advocacy and strong business partner relations
- Develop an employee oriented culture that strives on safety, quality, and productivity
- Work together with employees, supervisors and managers to resolve employee relations issues
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures
- Prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures
- Plan and coordinate recruitment strategies. This includes sourcing (internet, job fairs, newspapers, agencies etc.) interviewing, selection, background checks, drug testing and manpower planning
- Conduct new employee orientation, complete new hire paperwork, enrollment process of company benefits.
- Manages and directs the company safety program and ensures it is in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Update and train on all written safety programs as required, coordinate safety training and ensure managers and employees follow all safety policies.
- Investigate work-related near misses and incident reports.
- Manage benefits as self-insured employer with third party administrator.
- Oversees all areas of legal compliance including, but not limited to, OSHA, the Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Employment Opportunities.
- Establish and maintain department training records.
- Maintain employee headcount reports
- Lead safety committee, associated meetings and incident investigators.
- Reviews, monitors, administers and as necessary, modifies company Human Resources and Safety policies
Education & Work History:
- Bachelor’s degree required. 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources employee relations
- HR certified a plus
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills/Strong conflict management skills
- Results driven, self-motivated with emphasis on keeping customer and business commitments
- Consistently demonstrates highest level of personal ethical conduct, leads by example with strong values
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact professionally and at multiple levels
- Experience managing and maintaining confidentiality (including treatment of confidential documents)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Willing to occasionally work additional hours to cover off shifts for communication rhythms
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Fibertech Inc. Centrally located in Elberfeld Indiana, is a rotational molder with experience building, repairing and recycling material handling products. Fibertech Inc. manufactures high quality, custom-engineered plastic products such as bulk containers, plastic pallets and plastic lockers.
Fibertech bulk material handling products are used in the automotive, food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, and Laundry & Linen industries.
Please submit a cover letter/ resume and salary history along with an indication of why you would be an ideal candidate for this opportunity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability
Submit Your Resume for Consideration
Please fill out completely and attach cover letter + resume and salary history.