Fibertech is currently looking to fill a position as a Production Employee. These positions are an entry-level position with possibilities to learn how to do other jobs at the plant & be able to transfer between departments. We offer the opportunity to make a difference, work in a fast paced environment, and be a part of a successful company.
Position Description: Production Employee
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt Benefits: after 90-days
Department: Recycling Employment
Type: Full Time
SHIFT: based on need
- We are looking for dependable Production employees
- This position is hard, physically-demanding work.
- Work is often done in a hot working environment.
- ATTENDANCE IS CRITICAL! You must be there every day AND be ON TIME every day.
- There may be mandatory overtime, sometimes with short notice.
- Attitude is important too. If you do not want to work, do not apply.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidates must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- Must be 18 yrs. of age
- Must be available to work any shift
- Basic reading and writing, mid-level math skills
- Ability to think independently and think through situations and resolve issues
- Ability to use measuring tools to ensure proper dimensions of product
- Min Regiments: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred Regiments: 2 Yrs. of College/Technical /Vocational School and/or training;
- Performing physical activities that require significant use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds on a regular basis and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time, up to 12 hours
- Regularly required to , stand, walk, stoop, kneel, climb and reach with hands and arms
- Work is performed inside and outside – in extreme temperatures
- Subject to loud noise, dirt dust, grease, gases, odor
- Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders extended periods of time
- Typical vision abilities include close up for computer work, distance vision and ability to focus
- Personal Protective Equipment: Safety Glasses, Steel toe shoes must be worn at all times.
- Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable
- While performing the duties of this job; the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts;
high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Submit an Application Online
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – We consider applicants for all positions without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This application must be filled out in its entirety to be considered and will remain active for 6 months, after which the applicant will need to re-apply.