The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Job Duties (Include, but are not limited to):
- Perform electrical and mechanical duties and responsibilities, including, but not limited to, mechanical, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair for production machines.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience reflecting positive maintenance results preferred.
- Safety – Proven ability to recognize safety as a high priority.
- Ability to stand for long periods and ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to read electrical schematics, electrical prints, wiring diagrams, and nameplates.
- Strong understanding of local codes and ordinances.
- Mechanical knowledge preferred.
- High school diploma/
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong mechanical, electrical, and industrial skills.
- Must be able to lift 25 to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time, up to 10 hours
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms
- Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Typical vision abilities include close up for computer work, distance vision and ability to focus.
- The noise level may vary depending upon the daily activities within the work environment.
Apply here or visit our beautiful facility on 11744 Blue Bell Rd, Elberfeld, IN 47613 between 7:30 and 4:30.
Fibertech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Fibertech will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.